Vision, Aims and Curriculum Intent
At Parkfield School we will nurture, inspire and enable our students, giving them the skills, knowledge and understanding to flourish in a complex and multi-cultural world. We are committed to the development of the whole child and believe that this is built upon relationships in a small school setting.
We will provide a broad and rich curriculum that actively looks to promote a broad range of opportunities through experiential learning providing young people with the skills and emotional resilience to succeed in the modern world. We will provide opportunities that build character, confidence and compassion, whilst developing the important skill of life long learning.
We have high expectations of ourselves and will work collaboratively with each other, with schools in Reach South, with local Schools and with the wider education system so that we might better serve our students, their families and the local community. We are committed to using research findings to guide our staff training and our approach to learning. We believe that that brilliant outcomes can only be built on brilliant teaching, delivered by brilliant teachers.
At Parkfield school our aims are directly driven by our vision and the vision of Reach South Multi Academy Trust.
Our Aims are described under three key themes: Nurture, Inspire and Enable. When we talk about ‘nurturing’, we are explicitly referring to the environment within the school and our approach to ensuring the well-being of everyone at the school. We believe that our curriculum should be ‘inspiring’ in every sense and when this is combined with high expectations, we will achieve success. We believe that schooling should be about ‘enabling’ students through the development of key skills and we understand that this can only be achieved through collaboration.
Our aims and our curriculum intent are outlined below:
Our Curriculum Intent
Our curriculum principles:
- A literacy-rich, broad and balanced curriculum that consists of knowledge and skills;
- Integrated, relevant and meaningful content that ignites curiosity, promotes transferrable skills and explores creative potential;
- Enjoyable and fulfilling experiences
- Experiential learning that builds resilience, allows for wider opportunities and provides an enriching and memorable experience;
- Collaborative opportunities to allow learners to exercise emotional intelligence, tolerance and recognise their individuality and uniqueness, as well as that of other people.
- Inclusive and personalised learning that provides an equal learning opportunities for all;
- Promotes independence, allows for critical thinking and intellectual curiosity.
- Develops informed decision making for future career pathways.
Our learning values:
- Curious and reflective thinkers
- Independent learners
- Effective communicators
- Resilient learners