Parkfield School is an all-through (age 4 to 16) co-educational school offering a fresh approach and choice that allows pupils to discover learning, unlock their potential, find their place in their community and play their part in society.
The school opened for the first time in September 2013 and aims to bring quality alternative education for the children of Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole. As a Free School, Parkfield is funded directly from central Government. This means that it is independent from Local Authority control and parents do not have to pay for their children to be educated at the school.
Parkfield School will offer a genuine alternative education and allow greater choice to the local communities of Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole. At Reception the pupils will be taught using a blended method between Montessori and National Curriculum, at Key Stage 1 & 2 we will be offering a broad and balanced Primary Curriculum and in the Secondary sector of the school we will be offering GCSE courses.
Parkfield School offers a positive, safe learning environment for its community, in which everyone has equal and individual recognition and respect. We celebrate success and are committed to the continuous improvement and fulfilment of potential in every student regardless of their ability.
We encourage increasing independence and self-discipline amongst the students helping them to develop the skills that they need to become life-long learners. Everyone within the school has an important role to play in sharing responsibility for the development of positive behaviour and attitudes.
NURTURE INSPIRE ENABLE
At Parkfield School we will nurture, inspire and enable all of our students, giving them the skills and knowledge to flourish. We are committed to the development of the whole child ensuring that our students become life-long learners and achieve the best outcomes that they can.
We will provide them with the ability to excel in an increasingly complex global community, enabling them to develop into confident, compassionate and caring young people. We will prepare them for a successful transition into further education, training or employment when they leave school.
- To provide a supportive environment and community that promotes development and learning.
- To provide an outstanding education for all students, regardless of their background where learning and teaching styles are blended to provide for a mix of practical experience and intellectual freedom coupled with a supportive structure and academic excellence.
- To promote and instil a sense of belonging and purpose that allows students to understand their place and responsibility in their immediate society and also wider world.
- To ensure that every student receives the guidance, support and inspiration to be the best they can be and realise their full potential.
- To engage with parents and carers to promote collaborative support of our students’ experience of education and school community.
- We expect students to demonstrate the utmost respect for themselves, their fellow students, school community and wider community and those forming part of it.
- We expect good discipline and high levels of behaviour, commitment and participation.
- We expect a willingness to participate in a wide range of school and community activities.
- We expect parents and carers to support their children and engage with their education.
- We expect parents and carers to engage with the school and its staff to promote excellence in the overall educational experience of their children.
Parkfield School's location
The school has now opened on our new site in Hurn, close to Bournemouth Airport.
The School offers 8 acres of land with purpose built educational facilities including a sports hall and a dance/drama studio.