Governing bodies’ core functions
The Governors (Trustees) are the strategic leaders of the school and have a vital role to play in making sure every child gets the best possible education.
They should have a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring the school has clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Principal to account for the educational performance of the school and its students;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent;
- Ensure that the Academy Trust complies with charity and company law
- Operate the school in accordance with the Funding Agreement that has been signed with the Secretary of State
The Governors are all volunteers and give up an enormous amount of time in order to support the school in its quest to be successful and provide the best possible education for our local community.