PE and Sports Premium
PE and Sports Premium Funding for Primary Schools
The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
Parkfield School will receive £8,000 and an additional payment of £5 per pupil in Year 1 to 6.
Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best way of using the money.
- hire specialist PE teachers
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools.
In 2013/14 Parkfield School received £8,800 in PE and Sports Premium Funding
In 2014/15 Parkfield School received £10,100 in PE and Sports Premium Funding
In 2015/16 Parkfield School received £9,050 in PE and Sports Premium Funding